Yes, I have finally taken the plunge and started a blog to chronicle my various sewing projects, both past and current. Most of them are and will be historical in nature, since I have a strong affinity for early Victorian era styles, particularly the 1840's-early 1860's. However, a few modern things and other historical items of interest may find their way here as well.
My love of historical fashions began at a young age, as a combination of obsessing over the historical wardrobes of the 'American Girl' dolls, studying the illustrations in one of the first 'Past Patterns' catalogs, and generally loving to play dress-up. I still have that PP catalog, and although I have yet to actually use any of their patterns, I definitely still love to dress up, particularly in historical or vintage clothing!
For those who might wonder, this blog name is a combination of my favorite flower, my native state, and the name of one of my favorite vintage china patterns ('Virginia Rose' by Homer Laughlin).
No comments:
Post a Comment